Wednesday 2 December 2009

Ocean Floor

I started off by creating a box with the lenghth segments 75 and the width 75, after that I added the 'Noise' modifier to the poly. Here I changed some of the parameters to give the sea floor base a bumpy uneven look. Next I opened up the material editor and added a bitmap to the diffuse and the Bump maps. I experimented with a few different maps but decided on a simple grainy sand texture called 'Sandshor'.
The sea floor looked o.k but the textures weren't very clear when rendered so I added the UVW Map Modifier and moved the U and V Tile counters up to 2. This made the textures finer and more 3dimensional it was a big difference when rendered.


The next step was to open up the Rendering Tab and go to 'Environment and effects'. Here I clicked on Add Atmosphere and chose the 'Fog' map. I also changed the colour here to a pale blue colour, which created the underwater feel to the scene.


The next stage was to create the light beams that shine through the water. Firstly I put a camera target in a good position over the top of the scene and changed the Spotlight Parameters: Hot spot & Fallout. Next I changed the Intensity/Colour Attenuation to a pale blue which made the light shinning through the water look duller.

No comments:

Post a Comment