Tuesday 1 December 2009

Stage's 3 & 4 Moody Background

My scene now needed some lighting and atmosphere. I started by adding a Target spot Light to the concrete slabs. I was very happy with the way it looked when it was rendered. The background merge into the shadows well giving it a desolate feel.


The results are good but the scene still didn't look moody enough. It was very clean so I'm going to experiment with the Projector Map in the Advanced Effects within the Target Spot modifier.



After experimenting with a few filters I stuck with the Smoke filter which had the patchy feel i was looking for. I needed to edit the map in the Material editor first. First I swapped the black and white colours around because I didn't want the dark smoke effect to overpower the scene. Next I changed a few of the parameters to expand the pattern and to dull it a bit. These are very subtle changes but I think they enhance the slabs greatly.




This is the background scene finished and it is very close to what I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment