Tuesday 8 December 2009

Stage 3 - Ant

I have decided to go back and finish my original 3D ant I started weeks ago I have gained a few more skills since then so I might be able to do something with him. Originally I had the idea of covering him with a camouflage texture so I'm going to stick with that idea.

I started by searching the Internet for a nice camouflage texture, once I found this I added it to the Ant along with a bump map called 'skin' to give it a more natural a rough look. It was now a case of putting the ant into a scene and I started by recreating the floor from stamp 2 but I didn't add any Environment effects. I also changed the texture to 'GRYDIRT' which suited the scene perfectly. I also thought about putting more than one ant on the scene because I wanted it the give the impression of an army not just a single ant.


I wasn't happy with the way the ants looked in the scene so I changed the angle and put a spot light on it. This looked much better but I lost view of the other ants.



No comments:

Post a Comment