Monday 7 December 2009

Creating the Torch & Adding the Hand

1. I created a plane and placed a picture of the Statue of liberty's torch and hand over the top. I then used the line tool to draw around half of the image. Then by adding the Lathe Modifier my torch object was made. I gave the torch a Turbo smooth but unchecked the smooth result to give the torch a harder edged structural look.

2. It wasn't to important to get all the small details of the torch in because the torch is meant to look like its been at the bottom of the sea for years.



3. Connecting the hand to the torch was very tricky indeed and it took ages to get it right. Each finger had to be rotated and lowered to look as if it was gripping the torch.







4. Finally I added some textures to the Statue. Firstly I added a map called 'Redrust' to the Diffuser color then I added the same map as the bump map. This made the object look old rusty and decaying.







1 comment:

  1. Is it possible to get this 3d model of liberty's torch so that I can print it on a 3d printer? You did a great job.
    Henry

    ReplyDelete